Car Hire at Orihuela Miguel Hernández Station
Orihuela Miguel Hernández station offers a convenient location to pick up a rental car for exploring the Alicante region of Spain.
Whether you are a leisure traveler looking to make the most of your Spanish holiday or a business traveler needing reliable transportation, hiring a car from Orihuela station gives you the freedom and flexibility to easily discover all that the surrounding area has to offer.
Send an Inquiry to Rent a Car at Orihuela Train Station
An Overview of Orihuela Miguel Hernández Station
Orihuela Miguel Hernández station (Estación Orihuela-Miguel Hernández in Spanish) is a railway station serving the town of Orihuela in the province of Alicante, Spain. The station is an important stop on the Alicante–Murcia rail line and offers connections to major destinations like Alicante, Murcia and Madrid.
The modern station building has a range of amenities for travelers including ticket offices, luggage storage, accessibility features and parking. There are also car rental agencies located right at the station for easy pickup and drop off of your rental car.
If you are arriving at Orihuela station by train, the well-connected rail links make it easy to get here directly from cities across Spain. But the station is also very conveniently located only 25 km from Alicante–Elche Airport, so you can also easily access the station by taxi or shuttle bus if arriving or departing by air.
Why Hire a Car at Orihuela Miguel Hernández Station?
Hiring a car at Orihuela station gives you the freedom and flexibility to make the most of your time exploring the surrounding Costa Blanca region. Here are some of the major benefits of picking up your rental car right at the station:
Easy Access to Nearby Destinations
With a rental car you can easily reach nearby destinations like the beaches of the Costa Blanca, Murcia city, the natural areas of El Hondo and Salinas de Santa Pola nature reserves, and more. The excellent road connections allow you to use Orihuela station as a gateway to exploring the region.
Hop Between Cities and Towns
The rail links at Orihuela give you easy public transport access for city trips. But with a rental car you have the flexibility to also get out to the smaller towns and villages at your own pace.
A car allows you to discover rural gems and quaint Spanish towns in the area that are not directly served by public transportation from the station.
Day Trips and Short Breaks
Having your own wheels is the perfect way to take day trips to places like the historic city of Cartagena, the beaches and resorts of the Costa Cálida, the wine region of Jumilla, and more.
With a rental car you can pack a lot into a short break without relying on public transport timetables.
Local and Regional Travel
For getting around locally in Orihuela a rental car can be more convenient than using public buses or taxis. A car also makes it easy to explore more widely across the Alicante and Murcia regions so you can experience the different cities, landscapes and attractions.
Travel at Your Own Pace
Driving yourself allows you to set your own schedule and take your time as you please. You don’t have to rush for trains or buses or adhere to a group tour schedule. The freedom of your own rental car lets you tailor the experience to your own interests and style of travel.
Car Rental Companies at Orihuela Miguel Hernández Station
There are car rental desks and pickup locations right at Orihuela station from several major companies including:
- La Zenia Car Rental
These car rental companies offer a range of vehicle options from economy cars to minivans and SUVs. As an international train station, Orihuela has the advantage of having major rental companies onsite for added convenience and peace of mind for travelers.
When booking your car rental in advance online, search for pickup locations at Orihuela railway station to ensure you are selecting the right station location. This saves you from having to arrange transfers from another pickup point.
The car rental desks at the station make pickup quick and straightforward when you arrive. Staff will get you checked in and out on the road as efficiently as possible. Some key tips for pickup include:
- Have your booking confirmation ready to show staff
- Bring your driver’s license and credit card used for booking
- Inspect the vehicle at pickup for any prior damage
- Clarify any inclusions like GPS or child seats
Driving in Spain - What to Known?
Before setting out on a Spanish road trip from Orihuela station, it is good to keep a few key driving tips and reminders in mind:
- Spain drives on the right-hand side of the road
- Seatbelts are mandatory for all passengers
- Children under 12 or under 135cm must be in appropriate child restraints
- Motorcycle helmets are required for motorbike riders and passengers
- The general speed limit is 120km/h on highways, 90km/h on open roads, 50km/h in urban areas
- The blood alcohol limit for drivers is 0.05% (0.25mg alcohol per litre of blood) with fines and license suspensions for exceeding this
- Headlights must be used outside of daylight hours
- Using a mobile phone while driving is illegal, apart from with handsfree systems
- Be alert to pedestrians, especially around town centers and popular tourist sites
- Street parking regulations are strictly enforced, so always look for signs to avoid fines
Equipping yourself with a good local map, GPS navigation device or apps can help you confidently find your way around. But don’t forget to keep your proof of ID, driver’s license, rental agreement paperwork and insurance documents in the car at all times in case needed.
Top Day Trips and Short Breaks
Having picked up your rental car from Orihuela station you have an excellent base for day trips to top attractions near the Costa Blanca. Here are some recommendations for using your rental car to maximize a limited time in the region:
The port city of Cartagena has a fascinating mix of naval history, Roman ruins, modernist architecture and beautiful waterfront scenery. The archaeological museum and Roman amphitheatre are must-see stops.
The capital of the Murcia region, Murcia city offers up impressive Baroque cathedrals, tapas hopping in the old quarter and peaceful garden spots like the Jardín Floridablanca.
Famous for its palm groves, Elche is an atmospheric place to wander amid the shady palms. The Moorish fortress Alcázar and remarkable Art Nouveau and Baroque architecture make for an engaging city visit.
With rental car flexibility you can hop over to the coastline of the Costa Cálida in Murcia to enjoy beaches, sailing, golf and seaside towns like Águilas, Mazarrón and Bolnuevo.
Salinas de Santa Pola
These salt flats on the coast near Alicante provide excellent walking trails and abundant birdlife. They are protected within Santa Pola Regional Park, perfect for nature lovers.
The town of Jumilla is at the heart of a noted wine region featuring lovely vineyards and fascinating wine museums that can be toured.
Key Tips for Renting a Car
To ensure a smooth rental experience at Orihuela station, keep these tips in mind:
- Compare rental options – Consider factors like vehicle size, transmission, insurance, inclusions and fuel policy when comparing quotes across rental companies to find the best deal.
- Understand the insurance – Be clear on whether basic insurance like collision damage waiver (CDW) is included or if you need to add any optional extra coverage like theft protection. Check that your own travel insurance policy will help cover any excess.
- Check for hidden fees – Read the fine print to check for any additional surcharges like location fees for airport rentals that may be applied to the total.
- Reserve child seats if needed – These must be booked in advance, so don’t forget to request infant or child seats as needed when booking. There is usually an added daily fee.
- Allow a safety buffer on returns – Always aim to return your rental car with a bit of time up your sleeve in case of traffic or delays, as late returns will incur hefty fees.
- Fill up before drop off – Most car rentals have a ‘full-to-full’ fuel policy where you are charged if not returned full. Plan to refuel right before drop off.
- Check the vehicle thoroughly – When you pick up the car take time to inspect it for any pre-existing damage. Report any you find to staff before driving off to avoid unfair damage claims later.
By considering these tips when booking and picking up your car at Orihuela station you can have the peace of mind needed to focus on enjoying your Spanish escape!
Frequently Asked Questions about Car Hire at Orihuela Miguel Hernández Station
What are the car rental options at Orihuela station?
What documents do I need to rent a car?
How old do I need to be to rent a car in Spain?
Should I purchase any rental insurance or protection packages?
What is the fuel policy for car rentals in Spain?
Are there any driving restrictions I should know about?
How early should I return my rental car?
Can I pickup my car rental if arriving late at night?
Are there any additional fees I should watch for?
What should I do if I get a parking fine or traffic ticket?
How old do I need to be to rent a car at Orihuela station?
What documents do I need when picking up my rental car?
What optional protections should I consider when booking?
How does the fuel policy work for car rentals in Spain?
What driving laws should I especially be aware of in Spain?
Are there additional fees I should watch for with car rentals?
What if I want to extend or modify my rental period?
Can I return my rental car after hours or if the location is closed?
What's the best way to avoid unexpected fuel charges upon returning my car?
Who do I contact about any parking tickets, fines or tolls received in my rental car?
What is accommodation?
Where is Orihuela Miguel Hernandez Estacion located?
What are the best hotels near Orihuela Miguel Hernandez Estacion?
Is car rental available at Orihuela Miguel Hernandez Estacion?
How can I rent a car at Orihuela Miguel Hernandez Estacion?
What information is recorded on the rental agreement?
Should I check if my personal coverage is adequate?
How can I get directions to Orihuela Miguel Hernandez Estacion?
Is coverage included in my rate?
What should I do if I need to seek compensation from my carrier for any damages?
What is the process for car rental at Orihuela Miguel Hernandez?
Is the level recorded on the rental included in my rate?
Is the coverage included in my rate adequate to cover any potential damage?
Is the damage protection an optional product?
Will I be required to pay any applicable damage waiver excess?
What will be recorded upon the return of the vehicle?
How is the deposit calculated for vans?
Can you provide more information about the rental terms and conditions?
Is it possible to make changes or cancel a reservation?
Renting a car at Orihuela station gives you maximum flexibility for exploring the Costa Blanca region. By booking in advance and understanding the rental requirements, you can pickup and drop off smoothly and focus on enjoying the freedom of your Spanish road trip.